Start looking at this checklist a few weeks before the intended deployment date!
- Confirm the domain name has been purchased or acquired.
- Confirm where the website will be hosted.
- If hosted with the client confirm the delivery method, by FTP or Github?
- Is there a mailer? You will need information on the SMTP to use for mailers.
- If scoped, does it work on iPad? In landscape and portrait?
- Does it work on large resolution monitors?
- Are the meta tags loading properly on social media previews?
This list is primarily a reminder for the developer.
- Verification of site titles / metas / share image / favicon
- Verification of hreflang tags
- Validation of page loading times and weight
- Image optimization
- Minification of CSS and JS
- Cache configuration
- Sitemap XML
- Confirmation of the client’s analytics tool, per the analytics chapter.
- Integrate Google Tag Manager, the client will need to give you the snippet for integration or invite you to their dashboard.
- Confirm how the cookie banner will be integrated. Is it a custom design or a GDPR compliant tool?
- Get the cookie and privacy policies from the client.