- Why are you doing this project now?
- What is your timeline?
- Are there intermediate deadlines?
- Who needs to approve the final product?
- What are your goals for this project? How will we know that we’re successful?
- How can we measure that? Is there a leading indicator?
- How will we know we’re not successful? What would have happened for this project to be a failure?
- What challenges do you foresee with this project?
- Who is this project for?
- What are a few words that describe your audience?
- What are the audience's needs and frustrations?
- How interested are they in this topic?
- How attentive will they be when they meet the product?
- What’s our promise to our audience?
- After they see this project, they’ll know…
- After they see this project, they’ll have…
- After they see this project, they’ll be able to do…
- Can we measure any of those promises?
- Assumption check: What indication do you have that they want any of those things?
- What’s at risk if your audience doesn’t receive your project?
UX & Strategy
- High level problem areas
- Specific pain points
- Break points in the design?
- How to solve pain point X?
- How to improve a user journey?
- How to amplify conversion?
- How to contribute to a key objective?
- Competitor Analysis
- Strategy Analysis
- Paint Point Analysis
- Audience & Context Analysis
- User Journey Mapping
- Is this part of a larger project?
- Do you have brand guidelines to follow?
- What is the medium for the project? Static, interactive, web, print…
- Any specific formats or sizes?
- Are there any accessibility concerns?
- Are there any colors that you absolutely hate?
- Are there any visual elements that you want to include specifically? (e.g. people, icons, photography, patterns?)
- In a few words what are your organization’s core values?
- How would your audience or community describe you?
- How would you describe your audience?
- How do people feel after interacting with you?
- What value do you deliver to others?
- How are you different than your competition?
- What emotion do you want your audience to feel when they view the project?